Recently I’ve been thinking about trying something new and to rethink traditional christmas drinks like punch and mulled wine to serve to my friends and after some digging I stumbled upon a lovely recipe for a Winter Sangria which instantly tried it myself with some small modifications.
1 bottle of red wine (I prefer the heavy ones:)
500 ml pomegranate juice
200 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
40 g brown sugar
1 apple (washed and sliced)
3 clementines (washed and sliced thinly)
a handful of pomegranate arils
4 cinnamon sticks or more
1. put all the sliced fruits into a big pitcher
2. add sugar and cinnamon sticks
3. pour the red wine and the juices over the fruits and stir well
4. cover the pitcher and refrigerate overnight or at least for a few hours
5. to serve may add soda and enjoy your Sangria with a smile!
Around that time of the year there are so many occasions to celebrate and so many beautiful reasons to raise our glasses to – in my case it’s my health, the fact that I’m surrounded by so many amazing people who I’m allowed to call my friends and family and little milestones like my first guest authorship for the Ottoversand Magazine.
What are you toasting to these days?
Merry Christmas, Theri