Finally – it’s Christmas Eve!
I love this day and enjoy every minute of it, every small ritual that we have on this special day and every time my dad curses the christmas tree that is always too high. It is the fact that we are all together because even though our family ties are the strongest I know we are all living busy lives rushing from one place to the other, but on this day we are all focusing on the same – making this feast unforgettable. While Wham and Mariah Carey are singing on repeat – I know it’s a cliché but that’s how it is – we are decorating the christmas tree enjoying the best and most delicious hot chocolate ever (Austrian style, of course) which’s recipe I’m now sharing with you.
Okay this recipe is definitely no mumbo jumbo but if you are up for a little more excitement with your hot chocolate than this might be something for you. The secret ingredient is egg liqueur also known as Advocaat and it’s my grandmas favorite which is why we created this hot chocolate 🙂
Ingredients (for 5 glasses):
250ml cream (optional, but yummy!)
5 bars of drinking chocolate // you can also use coco powder but the drinking chocolate is a 1000 times better
3 cinnamon sticks // you can use cinnamon powder as well
- pour milk and cream into a pot and add the cinnamon sticks while heating it up under constant stirring.
- Add the drinking chocolate bars and keep on stirring until the chocolate has melted.
- pour some egg liqueur into a mug, add the hot chocolate and dash the liqueur with the hot coco.
- garnish the hot chocolate with cinnamon – but this time I went for a chai powder, which I found at “Sonnentor”.
- enjoy the Austrian style hot chocolate with christmas cookies and your family!
I really hope you like this super easy recipe and probably try it yourself during the Christmas Holidays!
So, know it’s time for me to wish you and your family and friends a Very Merry Christmas and all the love, peace and harmony in this world! I hope you enjoy your Christmas Holidays and we see each other soon when the next party knocks on our doors 🙂