A few months ago I posted a picture on Facebook and Instagram of my home cooked dinner. It was a healthy asian version of typical Austrian fright chicken and many of my readers wanted me to share the recipe. Now, months later, I finally had the time to do a little food post on it and are now sharing my crispy coconut chicken strips which are cooked without any fat or oil – so it’s really a healthy interpretation with a dash of asian spirit. It’s easy, absolutely delicious and doesn’t take much time to prepare which is essential, isn’t it? 🙂 Hope you like it!
- prepare 3 bowls – one with flour, one with 2 whole scrambled eggs and a dash of salt and another bowl with coconut flakes mixed with bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. (when was preparing these crispy coconut chicken stripes I realized I had ran out on bread crumbs so I used only coconut flakes for this meal, which worked quite good as well). Moreover, prepare a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- heat the oven to 180°C on circulating air mode.
- first, dredge the chicken strips in flour, then bath them in scrambled eggs and then coat them with the coconut flakes and bread crumbs mix. finally place them on the baking tray.
- bake the chicken strips for 15 min. on one side – then flip them over and leave them in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Only be careful that the coconut flakes don’t get burned – if your oven is a bit” aggressive” you can cover the chicken with another sheet of baking paper.
- take out the crispy coconut chicken stripes when they have a gold-brown color. Serve them right away (with sweet chili sauce – as I like it) and enjoy your healthy asian influenced crispy chicken.
Hope you like this recipe 🙂 What would you like to read next in the food/drink session on Theri’s Wardrobe? Maybe a dessert with raspberries, a refreshing lemonade recipe or even something stronger?