A fresh salty breeze came from the sea. The ocean was calm and the beach deserted. The sandstone cliffs border the small bay like guardian walls. It’s has been that kind of silence that you rarely find on this planet. Special and unique. I felt the sand beneath my toes and listens to the waves. The Atlantic Ocean in front of me. My sight wandered the horizon. Exactly 383 kilometers south from where I was sitting there is Casablanca. Another beach, another city, another country, another continent. I’ve never been there, but some day I will because one should never stop exploring!
- traveling keeps you young and fresh – because every new, country every new city you gonna explore will be a different experience. It always gonna be like the first time, back when first left home to travel the world on your own and didn’t know anything about it.
- it educates you – every culture you get to know will make you see a bigger picture and every mistake you make on your journey will never happen again.
- you gonna start appreciating the little things in life – like just sitting at the beach listening to the waves and smelling the fresh salty air.
- you can forget everything that troubles you at home and the distance often changes one’s way of looking at a certain problem – and then you realize that there isn’t a real problem at all or at least you find an answer – so travel far 🙂
- it can be quite relieving walking the streets of a city far away from home where no one speaks you language, no one looks like you and no one knows you – this is where you don’t have to fit in because that isn’t possible anyway. It probably the strangest kind of freedom, but it feels good.
- the more you explore the world the more you realize that being you is enough and you start seeing people as what they are just people.
- traveling let your heart grow bigger – you get to know people on your travels around the world that you like, trust and forever have in your heart even though you might never see them again, but the memories of them stay.
- Most of all it makes you happy and grateful for all you have and everything you are.
Do you have already plans for your next adventures? Where will it take place?
*pictures by Hanni